Rowena is a proud Bramptonian inspired by community and driven by a passion to change the culture of politics to move our city forward. She was elected in 2018, and is the first Filipino elected to Council in Brampton.
Rowena holds a HBBA degree from the Schulich School of Business, and a Masters in Sustainable Development and Environmental Planning from the London School of Economics.
Prior to being elected she worked at the Ontario legislature for over a decade, most recently as a Director, and has mentored countless youth to be politically active across the GTA.
Before politics Rowena worked in a number of top tier corporations to include Magna, RBC, and General Mills. She was also the Program Manager of Corporate Citizenship with Imagine Canada, and Executive Director of Emagine – working with venture capitalists and entrepreneurs at the Centre for Social Innovation.
Rowena was raised in Brampton and is raising her son in Wards 1&5. As a supporter of the arts, she also enjoys playing with her local band “Point of Order”. She believes in living a healthy and active lifestyle. Rowena is an avid outdoor person who regularly runs and bikes the Etobicoke Creek Trail, works out at the local YMCA and daily on the Peloton.
- Chair – Community Services
- Vice Chair – Corporate Services
- Vice Chair – Audit Committee
- Member – Citizen Appointments Committee
- Member – Cycling Advisory Committee
- Member – CAO Performance Review Committee
- Member – Downtown Brampton BIA Board of Directors
- Vice Chair – Audit and Risk
- Vice Chair – Diversity, Equity and Anti Racism
- Member – Emergency Management Program
- Member – Government Relations
- Member – Toronto Regional Conversation Authority, Board of Directors
- Vice-Chair and Member of Municipal Finance and Intergovernmental Relations
- Member of Standing Committees on Municipal Infrastructure and Transportation Policy; Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government; and Conference Planning