UPDATE (Dec 9 2021)
Regular waste collection services for strike-affected residents in Peel will resume on Monday, December 13, 2021. Read More.
Original Post Follows:
A labour dispute involving Emterra Environmental, one of Peel’s waste collection contractors, and its employees has resulted in a strike action that is affecting some areas of Peel.
Affected residents will experience temporary changes to their curbside waste pickup beginning December 6. We ask for your patience during this time as we work to address expected collection delays and service disruption.
The Region of Peel Advises:
- Continue to put garbage and organics at the curb on your garbage collection day.
- You may experience collection delays. Leave garbage and organics at the curb until further notice (even on the weekend).
- Bulky items will not be picked up.
- Recycling will not be picked up. Hold onto your recycling until further notice.
- Organics will not be collected on your recycling week. It will only be collected on your garbage week.
- Yard waste will not be picked up. Hold onto it until further notice.