The 2023 Budget process is currently underway! Join Mayor Patrick Brown, Regional Councillor Rowena Santos and Regional Councillor Paul Vicente to learn about the 2023 City Budget and share your feedback. Find out more about the budget process at brampton.ca/budget.
Residents in Wards 1 & 5 can drop-in anytime between 6pm and 8pm on Wednesday February 22nd at New India Curry Mahal located at 80 Pertosa Drive.
Please RSVP to ensure we can accommodate all interested residents and provide refreshments. You will also receive a reminder.
The draft budget invests in city-building projects while keeping taxes below inflation, at a proposed 2.9 per cent. It builds a foundation for the future and continues to support historic Healthcare investments.
RSVP - Budget 2023 Chat
Key Highlights include:
- $492M investment in Capital projects like roads and facilities and $21M over 3 yrs toward revitalizing Downtown Brampton
- Continuation of the hospital levy to support the construction of a second hospital for Brampton and a new care care centre, a key priority from residents
- $210M toward the electrification of transit facilities and a new transit storage and maintenance facility and $15.4M for Züm service expansion along Chinguacousy Road
- Over $650K to deliver the Community Safety Action Plan and $8M toward new fire equipment and 24 new full-time firefighters
- $24 M to redevelop Howden Rec Centre, including the construction of a new sports field and $9M to develop cricket, soccer, tennis fields and buildings at Gore Meadows.
You can also delegate at Budget Committee beginning Feb 27, with budget approval planned Mar 8.
The complete 2023 budget document can be found here on the city website.